Saturday, June 7, 2008

Project Overview

On Friday afternoon I met with Pratham's North India Director, Rukmini Banerji, and Pratham's Founder, Madhav Chavan, to talk about the scope of my summer project. These were some of the most exciting hours of my last year...

Essentially they've asked me to help document Pratham's summer camps. Operating in about 18 of 26 Indian states in all parts of the country-- from Punjab, to Assam, to Tamil Nadu, to Gujarat, this will be an ambitious and enormous undertaking. In addition to trying to capture this massive movement of change as it happens, they've asked me to try to identify problems while out on my travels, in order to help improve the programs we run.

Given free reign to critically explore any program in the country as well as a mandate to make it to as many states as possible, I am looking forward to getting to capturing how Pratham's progress this summer affects individual children, families, communities, and the country.

The first stop? Off to Ludhiana, Punjab.

More soon...

P
______________________________________________________
www.pratham.org
www.readindia.org
www.prathamusa.org

No comments: