Friday, June 6, 2008

Safe in Delhi


I safely arrived in Delhi today. I will head into the Delhi Safdarjang Enclave office soon to meet with Pratham's North India director, Dr. Rukmini Banerjee. But before I get into the details of the work I'll be doing this summer it might be good to fill some of my bio/background.

I was born and raised in Skokie, Illinois a northern suburb of Chicago and then attended Washington University in St. Louis, studying International Studies & Drama. After graduating in September 2006 I moved to Delhi to work for Pratham. I spent a year working primarily on Research/Evaluation, including number crunching for ASER 2006 and I also spent much of my focus on a pilot survey, PAHELI, commissioned by the UNDP.

After completing a very enjoyable year with Pratham in Delhi I returned to Washington University in St. Louis to work for the International and Area Studies Program. In addition to this I served as Pratham's "International Internship Coordinator" essentially acting as the liaison between Pratham and non-Indian citizens interested in working for Pratham.

Now, Pratham & Pratham USA have brought me back to India to help document and evaluate 2008 summer camps in India.

That's the short bio-- if you're interested in more, my biodata is available on: ABCDmatrimonials.

That was a joke.

Pushkar

www.pratham.org
www.readindia.org
www.prathamusa.org

2 comments:

Liz said...

I hope you can name drop Skokie a lot of times during this blog writing.

Anonymous said...

I love that ABCDmatrimonials joke....