Monday, July 28, 2008

Introducing Pia Gadkari & Shagun Khare

As my summer travels wind down here in India, I write to introduce you all to Pia Gadkari of Pratham UK and Pratham-ite Shagun Khare who will start blogging for our Pratham blog "Every Child in School and Learning Well."

Pia finished a BA in History from Oxford and has been very involved in fund-raising for Pratham in the UK-- but I'll let her introduce herself fully. (If you're interested you can find pictures of Pia participating in a 10k run in order to raise money for Pratham UK at www.pratham.org.uk. I'd give you the direct link, but I think Pia would hit me if I shared those pictures...)

Shagun finished with a BA in Economics from Shri Ram College of Commerce at Delhi University and is currently enrolled in a Masters program in Quantitative Economics that has her studying all across Europe. In between studying in Germany and Spain she has come back to India for her summer break, and has generously offered to spend it with Pratham documenting the Read India movement. But I'll let her fill in the rest of the details...

______________________________________________________
www.readindia.org
www.pratham.org.uk
www.prathamusa.org
www.pratham.org

No comments: